C-sections

Repeat C section or VBac?

Hi,

I know it's up to the individual, but I had a REALLY tough labor last time that ended in an unplanned (but not emergency) c-section.  36 hours of labor, failure to progress, then 5 hours of pushing, than the baby got stuck.  I had a c-section without too many complications.  EXCEPT for the constipation afterwards... I literally couldn't go for days, thought I was pushing another baby out the rear, tearing, finally had to have the thing put in my butt (I forget what it's called)

Anyway, I'm curious... were those complications because of the C-section or because of the long labor?  I'm not sure if I want to try a v-bac (only to potentially have the same set of issues) or if I should just suck it up and go with a repeat c-section (baby #2 is likely my last, if it matters). 

I know everyone is different but advice and suggestions would be welcome!  Thanks in advance. 

image image "Words go straight up in a thin line, quick and harmless... sin and love and fear are just sounds that people who never sinned nor loved nor feared have for what they never had and cannot have until they forget the words." -- Faulkner --- Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken...