C-sections

For those who chose a RCS?

I had an emergency c-section with my daughter and have always planned on doing a VBAC. My OB is pro-VBAC and she said my scars look good, and due to the nature of my previous c-section (went into labor, had an epi, then pitocin, baby never dropped, she was in distress, got rushed in for the c-section) I would be a good candidate for VBAC.

Now I am rethinking that decision. I hate how having that surgery is making me second guess having a natural birth, and if I hadn't had the c/s it wouldn't even be an issue. But I'm scared to death of pushing a baby out. I know I can trust my body to do what it needs to do, but I remember the contraction pains, (I had bowel pains so bad the other night trying to poo, and I had to think to myself, if I'm having trouble handling this, holy h@ll I'm in for it when this baby is due!) and what if something goes wrong and I wind up having another emergency c-section anyway? I don't think I'd feel like a failure, but more that I would have wasted my energy if I wind up with the surgery after trying to labor naturally.

The problem is that everything is so unknown right now! My FI's family has a history of very large babies (I'm only 4'10", my ex was short as well and my DD was only 5lb 9oz full term), it could be breech, I could not progress, it could not drop like my daughter... SO many things are going through my head, and I know they're all "what ifs" but today I am just stressing about it for some reason.

So for those who chose to have a RCS, what were the deciding factors that made you choose a RCS over a VBAC?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml