Pregnanct after a Loss
Options

Does this sound necessary or unproffesional?

I need an opinion from someone who is not emotionally involved so I would really like your opinions.

Monday I had an appointment with a high risk Dr. My regular OB said she sent him all my information about my history of losing my first baby during childbirth so he already had a heads up about my past history.

When I went in for the consultation with him he first told me to tell him every detail of my labor. Timing, pushing, crowning, which manuevers were used etc. I was sobbing and asked him if this was really necessary since he already had all that information sent to him from my OB. He said yes it was necessry for him to hear it from me and said to go on.

The events of losing Titus during childbirth are extremly traumatic to me. I have flash back like panic attacks and frequent nightmares. I hate that with every new Dr. I am forced to relive the details by me telling them. Why don't they just look at my records. How do they even know what I am telling them is true? I am educated on childbirth and the complications that caused us to lose him, but what if I didn't understand and was giving faulty information? Is it just me or does it unproffessional to have a patient relay past labors and complications?

I have been in a bad place emotionally sine this appointment. I feel like with every appointment like this the few steps I take forward in the grieving process I am yanked back to a worse place.

Any thoughts? Do your Dr.s rely on you to tell them about your past loses? Have you like me asked the Dr. to read your records and not make you go through the pain of telling them yourself and the Dr. not respect your wishes? Thanks for any insight

My little boy went to heaven during childbirth Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

type 1 diabetic for 7 years. Been on the pump for 6 years.