Pregnanct after a Loss
Options

Think its time to switch my OB..

Mind you, I had this same OB with my two boys..

I called this morning at 9:20am, to see about getting a 2nd beta draw. Heard nothing until 4:45 pm tonight! I had to stop in there this afternoon to get a verification of pregnancy, and they had said he was out due to an emergency, that was at 11:45 pm. So I feel like I was put on the back burning a little..

Here's the cake though! When the nurse finally called back she asked me, "Doctor wants to know why you want all these HCG draws?" I explained to her I've only had the 1, and I didn't need to have the 1 to confirm my pregnancy, I already knew that. I wanted 2, so I can compare the two, and make sure my numbers are rising accordingly. She asked me, "Well he wants to know if something is wrong..?" And said, he isn't going to send you to get these for no reason. I said well no, I have been crampy but I just want to make sure things are headed in the right direction this time around. She proceeded to tell me he is not going to order them for that reason..

I am beyond hurt, upset, confused. It's not like I love getting labs done, or paying the hefty prices. But I do love knowing what is going on.. Is it to much to ask for, to lessen the stress, to know what my exact numbers are!? I'm just dumbfounded. He was always so understanding with my other 2.. No complaints before this.

So, I called the hospital and found that there is another doctor that delivers at this hospital. I did have a few end of pregnancy complications last time, nothing major, but cause for inductions both times.. So I have to see if this is something she is willing to take on or not. I live in a small community, and there is only 3 delivery doctors and this hospital, and 2 in the same office as I'm already at. And 3 at the other hospital.. I prefer to stay away from that one. It's not be known for safe deliveries, though I'm hearing better things now..

Thanks for listening to my long ramble, complaining. Ughhhhh. I just didn't need this.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml