Breastfeeding

Frustrated with breastfeeding

I have a 2 1/2 week old baby boy and have been working my way thru breastfeeding.  It is so frustrating to me because he latched fine in the hospital thanks to the nurses helping and even my hubby helping and I never really did it on my own.  Then another nurse gave me a nipple shield and I'm sorry she did because I use it all the time now because I can't get him to latch on my own.  Then there is the issue of him falling asleep while feeding and then being hungry after a while of breast feeding.  I had to start supplementing with formula because he's an eating machine.  I also started pimping just to see how much he's eating.  Overall, I'm frustrated and a little sad that it's all not working the right way.  I also came down with a horrible UTI after giving birth and its hard to just sit on the couch for endless hours nursing.  I feel more trapped on the couch and frustrated knowing after all that time he will still be hungry.  Just looking for advice or some support on this.  Thanks ladies!