Breastfeeding

Help! Nipple pain while feeding/pumping XP from Feb 2012

Background...I bf and ff bc I had a reduction 7 years ago and have a very low supply (about 1.5 oz total from a pumping session).  My son is 8 months old.

My nipple started to hurt while DS was eating on Sunday, and it has been bothering me every time he eats (or I pump). I was off yesterday for my birthday, so I didn't have to pump, but today, after my first pumping session, my nipple on the right side was VERY swollen and painful...only the nipple, no other part of the breast...and it wasn't very red at all. It's been bugging me since then...not too bad, but it didn't bother me at all between feedings until today. When I turned on my pump again for session number 2 today, I've had to have it on a much lower setting than normal bc of the pain when I first started...it's not as bad now that I'm almost at 10 minutes, but it still hurts.

Again...it's only the nipple, nowhere else, and it isn't red...just swollen and painful. I called my mom at lunch to check DS's mouth for signs of thrush, but she didn't see anything. I can call a Lactation Consultant after work...I'd call now, but the pumping closet is in the basement, and I don't get service on my phone.

Anybody know what this could be? I don't think it's a clogged duct bc I've actually been getting a tiny bit more than normal today...but I have no idea, and I need some relief! Any help is appreciated...TIA! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml