March 2013 Moms

Blood Clot? (kind of long)

Has anyone had a blood clot or knows someone who has experienced one?

Back in March my left calf swole up slightly but my calf muscle was hard (There was no pain, just a tightness in my leg). I went to the ER and they did an ultrasound on my leg and ruled out a blood clot. I went to my GP after that and he said he thought it was something to do with my muscle. I then went to a Orthopedic recently (due to my left calf having a dull ache) and he told me that it was one of two things, 1. it could be a blood clot (which he didn't think it was) and 2. it could be a tear in my muscle. He wanted to do an MRI to see if it was a tear but I told him I wasn't comfortable with doing an MRI while pregnant. He said it could wait until after the baby was born. I talked to my OB/GYN over the phone about the calf aching and he thinks its a calcium deficiency. My problem is that I am still not getting one solid answer from any of the doctors I have been to and I'm not seeing any real improvement. The ache comes and goes but I have still been feeling it for the past two or so weeks. I also feel some slight numbing in my last three toes on my left foot. My sister seems to think that it all has something to do with the baby sitting on a nerve. I don't have any swelling, no redness, and it actually feels better to walk around and stand up rather than sit down. Does this sound like a blood clot?

Also, I go to see my OB in person on Wednesday for my regular check up and I plan on bringing this up to him. TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml