Breastfeeding

nursing/pumping/suplementing?

After coming home from the hospital DS was not having enough wet diapers, so the pediatrician told me to nurse and follow it with a bottle of formula to make sure he is getting enough. I thought perhaps I would try pumping after he ate to empty and get my supply going. I only got a few drops from the left and a tiny bit more from the right.

Now for the ?s How long does it generally take for the milk to come in? He was born Tues. afternoon. I am going to continue to offer the formula today after each feeding to make sure he stays hydrated.  Do you ladies suggest continuing to pump right after he is done eating so that my milk comes in? Will my supply come back in time for him to nurse again 2-3 hrs later if I do pump right after.

Sorry if these are silly questions. I did not BF my daughter and I am panicked that this is not going to work for my son and I. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Oct Angel Babies boots badge