Breastfeeding

Bone marrow donation while breastfeeding?

Hi ladies so I joined the Nat. Bone Marrow Registry long ago in 1999 pre-baby days. and now I got called that I might be a match for a specific patient. 

I am going to go through the preliminary testing first but here's my question.  Does anyone here have any experience donating bone marrow while breastfeeding?  My DD is 8 months old and while she eats a lot of solids she still BFs a lot.  I have a very good freezer stash (100s of oz of BM) so I know she would be ok if I had to pump and dump a day or two.  But I'm still worried about any affects on her.

I know there are 2 ways to donate:

1. Donating bone marrow is a surgical procedure done under general or regional anesthesia in a hospital. While a donor receives anesthesia, doctors use needles to withdraw liquid marrow from the back of the pelvic bone.

2. PBSC donation is a non-surgical procedure done in an outpatient clinic. PBSC donors receive daily injections of a drug called filgrastim for five days, to increase the number of blood-forming cells in the bloodstream. Then, through a process called apheresis, a donor's blood is removed through a needle in one arm and passed through a machine that separates out the blood-forming cells. The remaining blood is returned to the donor through the other arm.

And I also know the patient's physician would actually prefer one method.  I feel like the surgical procedure would have less affect on my breast milk but perhaps a longer recovery time.  While the 2nd procedure would require me to not BF for several days.  I'm not sure I want to do that.

Anyway.  I don't know if I'm actually a match yet so I'll update everyone later, but I just wanted to ask if anyone could share their experiences.  Thanks!