July 2012 Moms

Update to eye issue

So I just got home, my pedi is an hour away and I did a little shopping when done.  The doc didn't seem too worried about it.  She said she noticed the droopy lid, but the few times she tried she followed the docs movements.  She said it's probably too early to tell but she would recomend for an ease of mind to see an eye doctor.  I'm going to take next week.

What she was more concerned with was that she's gained 4 oz in a month.  LO has been spitting up a lot lately, but I didn't think it was out of the normal.  Sometimes it will be 2-3 hours after a bottle and sometimes it's even clear liquid.  She didn't have the fussy issues like I've heard other bumpies say associated with reflux, so I didn't even consider that..  Doc prescribed some reflux medicine and wants me to come back to weigh again in 2 weeks.

On a positive note, I asked docs opinion on CIO since my MIL insists on doing that, she's our in home daycare (see FFFC).  She told me that if she's alert and awake that she shouldn't fuss for more than 5 minutes.  She even was shocked MIL let her cry that long.The only time she thought it was okay was if she's sleepy, then we should get her comfy and let her lay down.  She specifically said at this age holding them will not hurt them and she recommends.  I told my H and he's gonna talk with MIL.  So I'm using the doctor to whip MIL in shape Smile

Thanks for everyone's advice or kind words, it did help.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml