July 2012 Moms

Over zealous Pedi?? WDYT?

Ladies, I would love your opinion or insight on something.

DD has been on an enfamil AR/ gentlease mix for a month and a half. She rarely cries, sleeps great, is growing well, very alert and happy, has absolutely no signs of colic or being
unhappy or in pain.
I called her pedi today because she has had several loose mucousy stools over the past two days. She had me bring her in and told me to put her on nitramigen for a milk protein allergy. On Monday I'm supposed to bring in a poopy diaper for tests to confirm or deny the diagnosis.

I just feel like she is jumping the gun on the nutramigen. I took her in because I thought she had picked up a little bug at daycare. She has had no formula issues on dairy formula for a month and a half.

She has completely refused to drink the nutramigen. Won't even drink it if its mixed with the gentlease. So now she hasn't eaten since noon today. She told me she may not, and that as long as she was having 4 wet diapers a day it was okay. She is still peeing, but I feel like I'm starving her and I'm NOT okay with that. I think I'm about to give her more gentlease, we don't even know for sure if it is an allergy. I feel like I'm torturing my baby for the weekend for something that she may not even have. Ugh... If you LO is on hypoallergenic formula, what symptoms caused it to be prescribed?

Sorry so long. It's mostly a frustrated vent.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml