July 2012 Moms

I want DD to have a real home! (long)

My grandparents bought a 2-family house 46 years ago and my ENTIRE family has grown up in that house... my mom, aunts, uncles, cousins (to an extent) and my brothers and I. We've had every holiday, birthday, etc... in that house for practically my entire life. After my grandmother died, the family fell apart - major feuding. The decided it was time to sell the house and all goes their seperate ways. Today the purchase and sale agreement was signed - the house is almost gone.

The saddest part is that I'm worried about DD growing up without a real house or a backyard. DH and I live in an apartment. It's big with 2 bedrooms but it's not in a kid-friendly area and has NO yard/grass. We want a house but we have some more saving to do and DH has some IRS debt so it may take us a few years. That house that has been in my family forever has the most amazing backyard and I spent much of my childhood out there - sunshine and snow. I would hate for her to grow up without a yard. Even though DH and I dont have one, at least my mom still did! Now she'll be moving to a condo.

Anyone else have this problem/concern? It may seem dumb but this is a big deal to me and DH... a backyard is a childhood staple.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml