July 2012 Moms

STM+s w/LOs who are ~2.5, come in

How is it going?  DD has always been really easy on us.  She spoke very early on, so she never had an issue communicating with us, which i know is the root of a lot of tantrum issues.  But suddenly, she's become SO combative.  And it doesn't have anything to do with DS, because it's usually when he's asleep and not even around us that something sets her off and she turns crazy.  Today she totally freaked out and refused to go to nap, and then started banging the wall, throwing things, telling me I was bad, laughing AT me, etc.  Since moving to one nap at 14 months, she has never given us trouble about going to a nap.  I know she doesn't need a full three-hour nap anymore, which is why I have started trying to push it off later.  I am now thinking I might need to stick with the same start time and then just get her up earlier?  I don't know.  But I was so annoyed with her shouting and banging today because I was afraid she'd wake up a peacefully sleeping DS (who has not napped in two days!!!).  Ugh.  

I finally had a talk with her and seemed to get through and she agreed to nap if I let her stay in her anywhere chair (which is fine with me!).  But seriously, I was ready to lose my mind after an hour of this nonsense.  Maybe I'm lucky that she never really exhibited 'terrible-two' symptoms until now, but now I need to know how to better deal with them.

Have you been dealing with combative behavior?  How do you handle it/what has your LO been receptive to?  Between DS being sick/going through the 12-week growth spurt/not napping and me being sick and getting no sleep, I have very little patience right now.  I need to figure out how to handle these issues as quickly and painlessly as possible!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml