July 2012 Moms

First day back!

Today's my first day back to work, and it's a bit weird... but good.

Some may remember that the week LO was born (2days before actually) I posted about how I had left for ML and there was a huge round of layoffs at my office.  We'll I'm back and it's strange to have some of those people gone.... but even more weird is that 2 of my coworkers that I work closely with regularly have been moved... they used to sit across from me and now they're on an entirely different floor!!!!  I now sit next to 3 empty cubicles.... awkward.

Anyway, first day back is going okay and I didn't cry, not even once... I think the 2 half days of daycare we did this week (wed/thur) really helped with this transition.  I'm more than half way through my day at work, I haven't done ANYTHING except read some emails, walk around the office saying "hi" and read TB!!  Super productive!  But really there isn't any work for me to do yet, so i'll just wait, charge time to overhead, and Bump until they give me something to do! Big Smile

ETA:  Oh and on my "office tour" walking around to say "Hi" to everyone, I totally AW'd LO a million times.... my phone has been next to me and I've been FB stalking myself to see her pics all day... PLUS I have a ton of printed photos already up in my cube! Wink

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker