Orange County Babies
Options

Review: Huntington Reproductive Center

I used to be a really active bumpie, back in the day.  But thought I would post this here if you are considering IVF or fertility treatments in the area. 

I would NOT go to this clinic, here is my story:

I was a patient of their Newport Office, but am reviewing Pasadena because thats where I have had the most trouble with HRC.

I came to HRC, not by choice.  My awesome RE left his Newport Beach practice to join the new team in Newport Beach.  I was to have a surgery with him, so I went along with him.  To which NO ONE ever called and told me.  It wasn't until I showed up at the old office and sat there for 15 minutes, looking like a dummy, that they came out and said, "oh he moved, HRC didnt call you?"  Strike one... I should have known better at that point. 

So my surgery was scheduled to have some fibroids removed and before the actual day the RE ordered a blood test to make sure I wasn't expecting.  Which made sense to me.  They draw the blood and I go on my merry way.  Well low and behold, the pregnancy test comes back positive, so the surgery is off at this point.  BUT now there is a $140 pregnancy test lingering out there.  I was told (MORE THEN ONCE) that HRC doesn't take my insurance but they had made arrangements for the surgery to be covered and they would be billing for that, no problem.  But then all of a sudden, since the surgery was canceled, no one could figure out what to do about the $140 blood test.  Which is asinine in my opinion, just bill the insurance.  It was ordered by the doctor to make sure I wasn't pregnant before the surgery.  Common sense, right?  UMMMM NO!

This was in March.  It is now Oct (I am due with this baby in Nov) and they still have NOT submitted the claim to the insurance.  Their reasoning?  Its not the insurances responsibility.  Why don't we just ask the F-ing insurance company and let them make that determination.  So instead of doing their jobs, HRC's billing office has sat on their asses for 8 months, but have steadily sent me bills and threatened to send me to collections.  I talked to a rep there, just yesterday that admitted that the biller got the request to bill insurance, but decided not to send it in and in her own words, "dropped the ball!".  I left messages for the billing office manager (which I also think is ridiculous that I am chasing them to get them paid, shouldn't it be the other way around) and she never called me back.  They act like they are too good to do the work!  Well if you want your $140 I suggest you get off your asses and bill the insurance company for it. 

Sidenote:  I have been in contact with the insurance company and they have taken greats notes of the situation along the way and have told me over and over that they will happily take the claim, review it and pay it if thats the case.  But since they don't have it, there is nothing they can do!  Probably the most ass backwards collections situation I have ever been in!  Its super frustrating and if I was a doctor in that practice, I would be EMBARRASSED by this!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker