July 2012 Moms

Introducing myself (loss mentioned)

Hi ladies,

I know a lot of lurkers have been coming out lately, but I'm going to just jump in and introduce myself too. I will openly admit that I did not lurk throughout my pregnancy, despite having a July due date. I *have* been stopping in since my daughter was born, though.

Adrianna was born on July 10th.. 6 days after her due date. We're right around that 12 week mark, and have been nursing a LOT lately. :)

She is not our first, however. We also have Hunter, who will be 3 next month. Hunter and his identical twin brother, Parker, were born at 26 weeks during an incredibly fast and traumatic delivery in the triage area of my local hospital. Both had brain bleeds, and Parker passed away four days after they were born.

So that's why I didn't lurk while pregnant.. I was constantly questioning if I'd make it to my due date, and didn't want to be part of a group that I wouldn't feel like I fit in should things go haywire again. (Like it did when I was part of the Multiples group for my first pregnancy.)

That said, I live in Ontario, but lived most of my life in Jersey. My husband and I have been married for five years, and I moved up here when we were married. I love reading, I watch too much television, and I miss sleep. :)

Hunter is doing amazing.. he has hydrocephalus and a shunt, and isn't walking yet, but we're slowly making progress. (He has a severe gross motor delay, but fine motor and speech are less significant delays.) 

We attend physiotherapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy for Hunter, and Adrianna gets to come along. Having so much medical intervention with him has made me overly aware of every little move Adrianna makes, so I come here to see what's 'normal'.. you guys have unknowingly provided me with a lot of reassurance. :)

I hope to get to know you all better, if you'll have me!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml