C-sections

Starting to think way ahead for next time

Maybe the VBAC borad might be better for this question, but I feel like I relate better with the women on this board, than those on the VBAC board. 

I've been thinking about the decision I will someday have to make.  VBAC or RCS?

Here's a little back story.  My DD was born via emergency c/s after her heartrate was high almost constantly during the 45 min I was pushing.  When the doctoer came in, instead of just the nurse, he called in the NICU team, so my room went from a nurse, DH and I, to almost 15 people in a matter of minutes.  They attempted vacuum extraction, but the suction kept popping off.  After the first pop they did an epsiotomy, because she needed to come out now and was right there.   Then it popped off the second and third and final time, the second it popped off that last time they started putting the bed back together and pushing me out of the room rushing to the OR.  Because I already had an epidural, they just changed the meds, so I was able to be awake and DH was able to be there when DD was born. Since she was so close to coming out vaginally, she was really wedged in adnthey had so to a small vertial incision on my uterus to wedge her out. The first days of recovery weren't as bad as I was expecting.  Then, 1 wk PP I had extreme stomach pains, and after 13 hours in the ER, I was readmited to the L&D floor because of a massive internal infection and abscess.  (They put my on L&D so the DD and DH coudl stay with me.)  They think the vertical incision's stitches loosened up a bit as my uterus shrank and leaked some blood, causing the abscess and infection.  The infection pain was worse than labor and worse than post c/s pain.  I was in the hospital for 5 days on IV antibiotics.

Because of the nature of DD's birth and the infection afterward, I am leaning towards an RCS, because of the fear of the unknown and an RCS feels like I would have more control, but I am still considering VBAC. 

So here is my question, did anyone have a VBAC birth plan that contained contingencies when the VBAC would be stopped and turned into an RCS?  Like at the first signs LO is in distress, VBAC is done and CS is the choice?  the stress of knowing LO has to come out NOW and I can't get him/her out, is just too much for me to even think about again!  (plus I never want another episiotomy again!!!)

BFP #1 August 2007, Lost Nov 2007, no heartbeat found at anatomy ultrasound at 19 wks
BFP #2 March 2011, Baby Girl born November 2011!!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker