Breastfeeding

Nursing frequency

Baby arrived Monday morning and has taken to the breast quite well.  In the hospital the first two days he was nursing a strong 20-30 minutes per side every 1.5-2 hours - thus my milk was coming in just under 48 hours.  We were discharged yesterday afternoon, just as I was really noticing the change from colostrum to milk, and last night was my first night nursing with now very full and somewhat engorged breasts.  

We nursed almost all night.  He's down to 7-10 minutes on the first side.  After the first breast, he'll fall asleep, but rouse when I switch sides at that point and then continue to nurse for an average of 5 minutes of so then fall asleep again.   I can put him down in his co-sleeper or just continue to hold him and either way he's awake and ready to feed again in 20-30 minutes.

Is it normal for the time at the breast to go so far down from the first couple of days and frequency then to pick up dramatically?  It seems like it is fine - the latch is good, although it is taking  a little more time for me to get him on now that I'm so incredibly full and my nipples are a little flat to begin with, but once we get a little milk out then it goes fine and he'll nurse well.  I'm not having any pain or anything else, so I'm inclined to say this is 'ok' but I guess I need some reassurance.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml