March 2013 Moms

Anyone else NOT doing certain PreNatal Testing?

We were offered the Quad Screen and Cystic Fibrosis test at our appointment today. We decided against it. Mainly because neither of us has any family history of any of the issues they test for, but also because the likelihood of inaccuracy, and lastly I think it would make me worry myself to death regardless of outcome.If anything were positive I could see myself just being a basket case the rest of my pregnancy...then if it weren't I think I'd worry about the chance they could be wrong. Just decided the worry and the small likelihood these things are present wasn't worth it. My pregnancy so far has been wonderful with no issues at all, I am not high risk, heck I wasn't even sick so I guess that has made me more confident there haven't been any warning signs of issues so far.

Now I certainly can change my mind before the 20week mark which is still 3 weeks away for us, so If i do change my mind i can still have these things done. I was just curious if there was anyone else out there who opted out of these things?