July 2012 Moms

Another baby scare

Yesterday was awful. I'm not sure if Emily is going through a growth spurt or if she wasn't feeling well, but she slept almost all day. When she wasn't asleep she was very fussy. When DH came home we passed her back and forth for hours trying to calm her down as she screamed.
Finally I got her somewhat settled by rocking her, singing to her, and giving her a bottle. DH had to go upstairs to his office and work. Emily seemed asleep, so I took away the bottle and started to get up. She instantly vomited and it started coming out of her nose. Her eyes were wide and panicked and I realized she wasn't breathing. I flipped her over and hit her back and she took a tiny gasping breath. I remembered the suction bulb on her changing table and ran over, sat her on the table, and suctioned her nose and mouth. She could finally breathe and started screaming. It was the best sound in the world.
I yelled for DH and we got her and me cleaned up. He went white when I told him what happened. DD seems fine now, and was smiling after we got her cleaned up last night, but I think I'm going to call the pedi and mention it just to be safe.
I don't really have a point, it just scared me. I think she didn't breathe for about a minute, but it felt like forever.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml