C-sections

Abdominal pain 18 weeks PP?

After a few ladies on the July 2012 board were discussing their c-sections/healing, it made me a little nervous. I had my daughter in May via emergency c-section. I had a horrible recovery that included bleeding internally, multiple hematomas, and developing blood blisters all along the incision that would burst open and left my incision non-healing and bleeding until August. The actual incision site does not hurt and is healed but I have a lot of pain in the 6-inch section of my abdomen between my incision and belly button. It hurts all day, every day. It's not the numb/sore feeling my incision occasionally has, it is actually constant pain to the point where I cannot touch it or wear jeans/pants that sit along the area.

Is this normal? It sounds like it is not. My ob/gyn keeps telling me that it will get better and acts as if nothing is wrong but I feel like I shouldn't still have this much pain. I called a general surgeon's office to have a consultation/2nd opinion but was told they do not deal with c-sections and should follow up with my ob/gyn (I was like no sh!t, don't you think I have done that already?!). Granted, my child is becoming more active and like to sit/stand right on my belly which I know isn't helping the situation. I guess I'm just looking to see if others have had similar situations after their c-sections or if it's time to go see my PCP and discuss what I should do if this isn't normal.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image