July 2012 Moms

Poor DS! Infants w/colds = :(

DS is miserable.  He has a cold or something, so he's super snotty and is having trouble breathing, nursing, etc.  He had a low grade fever last night, but it climbed up to 101.4 overnight and the pedi's office was debating whether to send us to the ER or not.  They said babies 8 weeks and under need to be seen immediately for fevers of 100.4 and above, and babies 12 weeks and over for fevers of 102 and above.  DS will be 11 weeks tomorrow, so they said we could wait until morning to take him in as long as he wasn't crying inconsolably (he hasn't been crying much at all).  Apparently he's still too young for Tylenol because they kept telling me to hold off, even when his temperature got up over 101.  We've tried the humidifier, sitting him in the swing to sleep since he can't breathe lying flat, putting him in the bathroom with the hot shower running so the steam can help clear out his sinuses, etc but he's just visibly uncomfortable.  It's so hard to deal with this as a parent, to see your LO sick. :(  I'm just waiting for the office to open at 8 so I can call and make the appointment to get him in there.  Boo.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml