July 2012 Moms

Vaccines

My little one is scheduled for his 2 month check up next week. I've heard there are 4 vaccines and an oral....HIB, DTaP, Polio, Pneumococcal, and Rotovirusorally. I want my little one to be protected of course, but I don't want him to have them all done at once! We even waited until he was 6 weeks to get the HepB.

I am a stay at home mom and don't mind going to his dr visits more frequently to space them out. My question is, if you spaced them out which vaccines do you think are the most important for the 2nd month check up? Also, did your child have any reactions? My younger brother had a really severe reaction when he was younger and it got me nervous! I'm thinking of doing the DTaP and Rotovirus orally next week.

My doctor is completely open to me doing what I feel most comfortable with and I've been trying to research as much as I can about each vaccine. I know with the change of weather now that there is going to be a higher outbreak of the Rotovirus and I heard how Whooping Cough is spreading again too! So those were the 2 that I thought would benefit him the most. Then, I would come back in a month to do the second HepB and the pneumococcal. Then by his 4th month do the other 2....then repeat for each month.

What did you guys end up doing?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml