C-sections

Corner of your incision opening question

I know it's common for the corner of your incision to slightly open. I called the doctor and they told me to put a little bit of neosporin on it, let it air out after a shower and sleep with a bandaid on it to keep it protected.

I told them it has some redness, and they didn't seem concerned, and that the loop of a stitch seems to be sticking out, they also didn't seem to be concerned. I feel like the stitch is what is preventing it from healing all the way. The rest of the incision looks great.

I'm 5w post op tomorrow. I have no pain, it's not sore to the touch or hot, however there is some redness around the corner, and there has been a little bit of blood on my underwear where it rubbed the incision, and a little weeping, it's clear in color and there is no odor.

I'm going to call back tomorrow and ask to have my 6w appointment moved up to this week and have it looked at, but for some peace of mind for the rest of the night, anyone else have this happen?

I guess I just don't know what a normal amount of redness is. I think of cuts and scrapes I've had and they all got a little red around the edges as it scabbed up and what not.

So much fun.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker