July 2012 Moms

STTN!

LO slept from 8:30-4:30. Fluke?  Not sure, but this is what we did differently:

1.  My sister's baby is almost exactly a year older than our LO, so I go to her a lot for advice since she recently went through all of this.  She said from what she remembers her LO started sttn when he was on a better eating schedule.  4 oz. every 4 hours.  We were still feeding on demand, but it ended up being about every 3 hours.  He would drink anywhere from 1-4 oz.  which was kind of frustrating.  She said the doctor recommended they try to get him on an every 4 hour eating schedule for gas.  The doc said three hours may not be enough time for him to digest his food and could be causing all the gas problems.  So, yesterday we fed him every 4 hours.  I was scared and said I would feed him if he was screaming.  He didn't.  He took 4 oz.  every 4 hours.  

2. We put him down earlier.  The posts yesterday got me thinking we were keeping him up to late.  So, did the routine, fed him 4 oz. and put him down and 8 hours later he woke up! amazing.

We will see what happens tonight, I hope I am not writing this post to prematurely.

*Up until yesterday he was consistently sleeping a 5 hour stretch then a 3-4.  This was 8 then 3.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml