1st Trimester

PCOS

My husband and I have been married for 5 months now. Even though we don't plan on having kids for another 5 years, I have had babies on the brain from the moment we said "I do". I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 15. I've been on birth control since then (10 years). I never really experienced symptoms other than irregular periods until about 2 years ago. My gyno put me on Metformin and it helped...I also lost 60lbs! The only downside to the Metformin is it wants to make me ovulate, so we have been using two forms on birth control to prevent anything from happening. I've done some research on PCOS and infertility and I've heard stories from both ends of the spectrum; it's either no big deal trying to get pregnant or can't get pregnant and/or have had many miscarriages. So I went in for my well woman a few weeks ago. I mentioned to my gyno how we want to wait to have kids and how I'm not sure if we should start trying now because it could take years to conceive. She told me that it would only take 3-6 months once I stop the birth control because the Metformin would kick in and I would start ovulating again.

My question is...women with PCOS...how long did it take you to conceive?