1st Trimester

Gender Disappointment

I feel like this is a topic that is taboo during pregnancy. Everyone wants a healthy, happy baby - I know this and let's just get that out of the way. I hope I don't get flamed to holy hell for saying this...and it's just my opinion....

The "new" generation of my family (all my cousin's kids, which there are 9 of them) are all boys. I have a brother, and 2 male cousins. I've got 4 female cousins. I've always wanted kids, and now more than ever I REALLY want a girl.  I am hoping and praying this baby is a girl. I know boys are great, my family is full of them, but there is a part of me that would be really sad if we had another boy. Everyone says once you have the baby, you won't care what the sex is, as long as it's healthy.

There has been a big boy boom in my city for the past few yrs - very few girls are being born. Have you ever known anyone to have gender disappointment? did they cope well?

TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary