Single Parents

Restraining order?

I posted awhile ago about possibly joining this board.... Long story short, DH has undiagnosed Bipolar Disorder, has been on depression and anxiety meds, but it doesnt seem to help, he is currently in a manic stage, and has treated my like a dog. Yelling at me and saying things that would take me years to forgive.

Well yesterday he got fired from his job d/t yelling at his boss and throwing things. He's a mess. He told me not me not to be there when he got home b/c he was worried he would say/do something he'd regret. I stayed at my sisters last night and he showed up there this morning. He told me I(who have been mainly a SAHM) would have to go back to work so we could have insurance while he took his time finding a new job. He also recently purchased a motorcycle which he did without talking to me about. He says "youve stayed home 9 months, you can work now". Well I told him that DS still wakes up sometimes 2x a night, and truthfully I wouldnt trust him to watch DS. He freaked out, left and ended up comming right back, yelling at me in my sisters house. When he leaves he calls me and tells me i "better lawyer up...were done......I'm dont supporting you..." I hung up.

Basically now I'm staying at my dads am considering getting a restraining order against him. Currently he believes we may be able to work it out "for DS" but I am not feeling it and truthfully I'm worried he'll show up here. He is getting proper help for his mental health issue, and I dont want to make the situation worse. If I get a restraining order, does he have to know about it? My biggest concern is that he will get so mad that he will refuse to see the doctor.

There is alot more to the story, but I'm sure above is enough:P. Any opinions are appreciated.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker