1st Trimester

What to do about Occular / aura migraines?

Does anybody else suffer from these?  My first sign is always tingling in my fingers, and within 30 minutes usually I have visual problems, light sensitivity, disorientation, and nausea that leads to vomiting.  Then I have to "sleep it off" to get rid of the headache. 

Two years ago, I discovered Maxalt, which is a great RX that stopped those scary symptoms within 30 minutes -- but doc says that it is a Class C drug -- ie, they don't know if it is pregnancy safe or not... which means I will not be using it!

I have had them since I was a kid... usually just a couple of times a year.  Not sure what triggers them, usually a combination of things (stress, exhaustion, hormones, weather, red wine).  I haven't had one since July of 2011 when I went off the pill, but got one last Sunday and another one today that caused me to leave work before it got too bad for me to be able to drive... lots of vomiting and a long nap later, I'm starting to rejoin the land of the living, but I'm still in a great deal of pain.

Huge bummer since I can't really take anything that helps.

Does anybody else suffer from these, and do you have any recommendations of things that help?

I'd be ever so grateful. 

Thanks,

Jess

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml