Single Parents

Not Sure if I'll be a Single Mom, but...

I don't even know where to begin. I'm in my mid-20s. Have a good career and good paying job. So does my BF who is the same age. We were together about half a year, and boom! found out we were pregnant. Since then, our relationship has been very rocky. He tells me he loves me, and wants to be with me, but he's not truly supportive. His actions don't match up his words, and it is all the little things that add up. The only BIG thing he won't do is stand up to his family members that are unsupportive. A couple call constantly and tell him what a mess he's in, how awful this is, how terrible of a person I am, this is a mistake and blah blah blah. Mind you, they loved me before finding out I was pregnant. I've begged him to stand up to them and tell them if they can't be positive, then to butt-out of our relationship and baby! I've never said he needs to cut them off entirely - that's not fair. But he DOES need to set boundaries because these people are bringing the both of us down. He's just become very childish and isn't stepping up to the plate. I don't know if this is reason to leave or not, but I feel so unsupported. I cook, I clean, I work, I'm a tutor, I'm a full-time student... and I'm pregnant. Is it so wrong to want to be pampered? Or... hell... at least made not to feel fat? I had lost a lot of weight, gained some of it back after dating, then gained a lot in my first trimester because all I ate was junk food. But that was nausea + comfort eating. I'm trying to curb it, but it is very hard for me, especially with all the drama...

I feel like I'm whining. A lot of you ladies here sound like you had men that were pieces of work, and I feel like I'm just being a flake. It is hard to bash him, because I love him, but he's just not... there for me. He doesn't hold my hand at doctors appointments. I have to beg him to even come... And his lack of desire to be a man and protect his growing family from negativity and attack is making me fall out of love with him.

Not sure what to do - but it kinda feels good just to vent. 14 weeks pregnant as of today, part of me says 7 weeks isn't enough time for a guy to adjust. But then - it isn't like I really had a choice, us ladies have to cope quickly! We are carrying the baby after all! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml