North Carolina Babies
Options

New mom and need help: Day Care and Pediatrician Dilemma

So I live on the outskirts of Raleigh between Louisburg and Henderson, closer to Louisburg even though I have a Henderson address.  I work in Raleigh close to the PNC arena.  I have no idea where I want to find a day care center or pediatrician.  Why do you guys think I should do?  This is my first child and so many decisions to make and I'm really overwhelmed.  I wanted both near the job but what if I decided to take a day off from work yet still want to drop the baby off at day care?  Or what if we are home and there is an emergency?  I don't ever want to have to drive all the way to Raleigh which is like an hour drive.  I'm just not which decision I want to make.  DH says get a pediatrician near the house and he would take that day off from work just to go to that appointment.  I think I may want to do the pediatrician near the house just in case of emergencies and ERs are almost everywhere just is case the baby is at daycare and there is an emergency.  What you do you ladies think?