1st Trimester

Intense Low Back Pain

I had a rough time sleeping last night. Luckily, BF was at work so I had the entire king sized bed to myself - and I used it! I just couldn't get comfortable long enough. I woke up this morning and went bowling with friends of mine. I noticed during my first game I was getting some stabbing pains in my low back, so I stopped playing. Now, mind you, I play weekly and I'm using a lighter ball than I normally use because I don't want the extra strain. And I've changed my stance so I'm bowling much more gently. Bowling is a completely acceptable pregnancy activity. In fact, it can help to open the hips up in later pregnancy.

Anyway - pain started to get worse. Even after I stopped, as I stood up I'd experience a sharp stabbing pain in my low back. When I drove home, I struggled to get out of the car. I have preexisting back issues from a car accident, but I haven't been experiencing any discomfort lately.

Anyone have any experience with this? I'm at the cusp of the second trimester now, but it still seem early for this sort of pain. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml