C-sections

Air Travel after C-Section

My H's job just transferred him to an office across the country, but it couldn't have come at a crazier time. It's a long story, but our lease runs up on this place on 6 January and I am due on 15 November.

Assuming the baby comes on her due date or later, the baby will be 5-7 weeks old and, either way, I didn't want to try to take a newborn on a five day car trip across America. So, my mother has asked me to fly to her place (in FL) and stay while my husband and his father make the drive with our cars and a moving truck.

The trip to my mom's is 6 1/2 hours long (which includes a layover for about an hour), but I won't have any help past my husband helping me check my luggage. My pregnancy has been healthy and there aren't any signs, yet, that I would need to schedule a c-section, but an emergency c-section looms out there as a vague possibility.

We have the option of extending our stay, here, just in case but it will likely cost us somewhere close to 3K for the extra month. The worst part is that, if we plan to stay the extra month, I have to let the leasing office know a full three weeks before my due date. So, we don't have the option to wait until she's born to make a decision. We're trying to make an educated decision, but don't know what we're doing. Opinions from people who are experienced with this would be immensely helpful.

For those of you who have been through the procedure, do you think we're cutting this close? Does the trip seem reasonable? Does anyone have any experience with flying after a c-section or advice to help things go smoothly?

TIA. 

BabyName Ticker