C-sections

Am I being silly or is this legit?

We were out to dinner with friends and the topic of my birth came up. The couple we were with did a natural birth and she even teaches lamaze and birthing classes at the hospital. She asked if I was going for a VBAC and I said I wasn't because I felt like my recovery the first time with a c/s was great and we know what to expect this time. I did try to push my daughter out but came across multiple problems. So we decided another c/s was just better for us.

I mentioned my doctor wants to schedule it a week before my due date and she got a little angry and questioned me on it. I told her I assumed it was so I didn't go into labor and didn't think much of it.

I then jokingly said that the nice thing about scheduling our c/s was that we could sort of pick the day we go (with the help of the doctor). My daughter's bday is Jan 8th and I am Jan 12th... so I joked that we could make sure no one had the baby steal their birthday.

She totally went off on me saying it was unnatural to schedule a birth and I was being immature for caring about whether the baby came on my birthday or my daughters.

I just sat there and had no idea what to say. I figured she would know I was kidding but she took it so personally.

I felt so uncomfortable after that we left a little early.

I honestly feel funny telling people we are scheduling a c/s for this very reason, I don't want them to think I am being lazy or just not willing to try.

Anyone else run into this?  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml