Pregnant after IF

I feel like an open book when announcing my pregnancy...

It's so strange, but since we've started announcing to our family and friends, I feel like some of my privacy has been taken away. It's a weird feeling and makes no sense, but I just get nervous before telling people. I also get nervous about telling people about the twins. Everyone has been so excited and thrilled, but I get nervous that I am going to tell them about IVF and then all of my health issues which led me there. I don't mind sharing about IVF to most people if they ask, but I've found that then I feel compelled to talk about why and then I realize that this journey is still very fresh in my mind, and while I've only received support, it is hard to re-live it over and over when talking about it. I am amazed by the science of IVF and and so grateful it exists. Yet, the entire process is still hard for me to talk about. And, they usually poke around when I tell them it's twins, so I have to tell them the story. I know some would find this therapeutic but I am not in that stage yet. 

And they also poke my belly when I tell them. I don't mind when people I care about touch my belly, but this is odd when acquaintances poke me. I thought this process would feel totally celebratory and it definitely does, but it is still challenging to answer the questions and get poked in the belly.

I know everyone feels differently about this, but how do you deal when your personal journey and body suddenly becomes public knowledge and property?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml