Pregnant after IF

For those having twins+

Did any of you experience ridiculous charges from your insurance company for your NT scans? My MFM office tried to charge my insurance company (BCBS) $2700 for a 20 minute ultrasound in which both the tech and doc were rude and personality-less! They failed to tell me also that they wouldn't even be able to tell me anything since there are twins, so I was double mad because I would have just done a regular ultrasound! Now I owe $400 for something that didn't provide any information.

I called my new OB office and changed my fetal survey (a/s 19 week scan) to them. I can't imagine what an MFM office would charge for this next, more length scan. Unbelievable. And no one seems to be helping me, insurance included, with providing me reasons as to why they can get away with charging so much. Oh yeah, and ps. they charge you per baby! what is this healthcare world coming too? i'm not saying i'm not grateful for my babies, and in the long run $400 bucks is nothing. but at this point i'm annoyed because i could have purchased two cribs for the twins with that money. ugh!!!

TTC #1 Since January 2011 Dx: PCOS and Anovulatory April 2012 BFP! Beta 1 5/22 - 1,000+ Beta 2 5/24 - 3,009 1st u/s 6/5 - TWINS!!! A/S Reveals we are Team PURPLE!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image