Babies on the Brain

How can you be certain that you're ready?

My husband and I were ttc for about 4 months. 2 weeks ago I had an early mc, at about 5 weeks. I think it sort of made me rethink things a bit. It might just be a temporary thing, but I don't think I want to get pregnant right now. I think I want kids in the future, but I don't know when. So then I started thinking, what if I never get to a place where I know I'm ready?We had a long talk last night, and I think I confused my husband quite a bit. He says he's ready for sure. But, of course he is, he doesn't have to go through pregnancy, he doesn't have to go through crazy hormonal mood swings or deliver a baby. I'm ready to have a baby, I'm just scared of my body going through all those changes and having to worry about complications and all that scary stuff. I asked my husband if he would still be happy in our relationship if we never had kids. He said yes, but he would always have a want for children. I told him I think I want kids one day but I can't promise that I won't always be uncertain. This is where I confused him. I guess I'm just wondering how you know when you're ready, how you can be so sure of something so important and life-changing.