Pregnant after IF

annoyed with OB office

I had to change my OB office since DH and I moved. the new OB is really nice and i like her a lot, and the office staff is nice as well. however i'm frustrated at the fact that they don't seem very good at following up with results or explaining them to patients.

example 1: had bloodwork completed - a week goes by (I had a follow up appt) and they barely discussed any results. the only thing they said is that i'm anemic, and to take iron. uhhh, ok well im thalassemia minor and can't absorb iron. they dismiss me. so i end up calling the hospital and speaking with the hematology dept. the nurse says "do NOT by any means take iron." i have an appt with hematology tomorrow.

example 2: had a urine culture done monday at 8am for a possible uti. the doc and nurse put me on preemptive antibiotics since they explained an infection can be worse for the babies than the antibiotic itself (which is class B and safe for the fetus). ok, fine. so i call back tuesday late afternoon since my old OB always had urine cultures back in 24 hours. they said "no, culture take 48." ok, no biggie. here it is thurs morning, i've received no phone call, and i could potentially be taking antibiotics that are unnecessary.

i am sorry for the long vent, it's just i'm starting to wonder about the level of care and personal attention this (small) office gives to its patients. i feel like at 4 months, its almost too late to be established at another OB. WWPAIF do? am i overreacting and just being hormonal?

TTC #1 Since January 2011 Dx: PCOS and Anovulatory April 2012 BFP! Beta 1 5/22 - 1,000+ Beta 2 5/24 - 3,009 1st u/s 6/5 - TWINS!!! A/S Reveals we are Team PURPLE!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image