Single Parents

Flip flop......sorry long vent

So LO's father decided back in May that he wanted nothing to do with the baby when I refused to go to dinner to talk to him. (I didn't see a need to go out to dinner when I could talk to him on the phone or via email) And being that he has a temper I really didn't want to actually be in his presence.

So I had gotten quite used to the idea that I was going to be doing it on my own and was at peace with it. Granted with the heart defect scare I was a little concerned about getting a family medical history, but filled one out to the best of my knowledge and figured maybe one day if I really had to call for that information then I would do it because I had to and that someone would be able to answer me.

Fast forward to last Sunday. I am sitting at my computer and decide to sign on to Facebook, (normally I just check it from my phone) and he is online. All the sudden there is his face with a message of hey. Panic sets in. I don't really want to answer but he is my daughters father so I just say hi. After a few minutes he goes in about he is sorry and that he will always love me but understands that we can't be together and wants to be friends and be part of her life.

I explained to him that since he had abandoned us already that there were decisions that I had made regarding her life that I had not intentions of changing because he wants to be part of her life now. ie her name and god parent choices. He said he understood, Although I know he can't stand the name I chose.

We chit chatted a little about his family and he told me he going out to Minnesota to visit his other daughter for about two weeks in Aug. He also said he has been working off the books bartending. (I tend to store that nugget of information for the future as he has dr notes saying he can't work becuase he is to depressed.) Also told me that he still had my things at his house for me and didn't throw them out.

Getting to the point. After back and forth for about 30 min I told him I needed to go make dinner and signed off the computer. I didn't hear anything from him the next day so on Tuesday I send him a text asking him to fill out the medical history form. I figured if we are going to be on speaking terms I might as well ask him to fill it out. I never got a response from him. That night around 3:30am he updated his status about seriously weighing his options about moving out to Minnesota in the very near future.

I don't know but I felt like that since he hasn't had a status update since we broke up in Feb. that it was kind of like a stab at me and it took everything in me not to his the like button.

My maternity leave starts in a few weeks so I plan on seeing a lawyer as soon as I have a day off from work at the moment is always consumed by doctor appointments. Just want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row before LO is here.

Any advice on what I should ask the lawyer?

Thanks for listening. Well reading.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml