Single Parents

When does LO stay overnight?

LO's father lives 2.5 hours away. He comes and sees her for 3-4 hours once a week. She's only a month old but with his work schedule and mine, this seems to be how visits are going to stay for the most part. I'm wondering, if he is only seeing her for a few hours once a week, when would LO know him well enough for overnights? Is one year about the normal time for this? I know when she is older I should eventually be taking her to his place so she can get familiarized. Should I start with him taking her out for a couple hours on his own (when would she be old enough for that??) And because of the distance (which I know isn't crazy far, but it's still a lot of traveling for a little nugget!), is her staying just one night at a time realistic?

Sorry the questions are so scattered haha. And I know these sorts of visits won't take place for a while but I'm already feeling the separation anxiety and I haven't even had to leave her yet! I am breastfeeding but I'm having production problems so I may or may not be breast feeding (if that matters).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml