1st Trimester

PSA: Migraine Sufferers

****Please do not take this advice without first consulting with your doctor!!!**** (I mean, you can, but I wouldn't advise it!  Smile )

I talked with my doctor yesterday about the migraine I suffered the week I found out I was pregnant and asked what I could do/take in the future.  Obviously rx meds are off the table as they are vasoconstrictors, but he did say he is very comfortable with my taking Excedrin Migraine!  Thank heaven because this is the only thing that works for me!!  The downside - he said (and I've noticed) that Excedrin Migraine is harder to find as he heard that they are no longer making it!  WHAT?!  So my lunch today is dedicated to trying to find a store that potentially still sells it and stocking up!  Otherwise, he said I could take what is in it - 1 asprin, 1 tylenol and some caffeine.  He does not want me taking this often, of course, but when the migraine isn't relenting, he feels perfectly confident in allowing me to take it.

I wanted to get this out to all of the migraine sufferers out there, but I cannot stress enough that you should DEFINTELY speak to your doctor first!!  They may not feel as confident in this as mine does.  I trust my OB completely, but you should definitely consult with yours!

Good luck ladies!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml