Seattle Babies
Options

Crappiest Morning Ever

I just need to vent....

I am done with today! I was done with today at 8:45 am when I had a violent puking reaction to the glucose used to glucose challenge test for gestational diabetes. Of course this leads to a bawling fit when I need to be calling the doctor to find out what to do. All of this drama leads me to run late for my doctor?s appointment. I cry the whole way to the doctor?s and barely pulling it together to get through the office. The terror of having to re-do the test is more than I can handle.

Turns out that the glucose test infuses you with 50 grams of sugar in five minutes. As a post-gastric bypass patient, I can not tolerate anything more that 25 grams per serving and that is still iffy.  No wonder my body freaked out on me. I really wish that the bottle had this info because then I would have known to refuse that test.

The doctor drew blood for a random blood sugar test but promised not to give me that glucose challenge test again. I am not sure how they plan on testing me for gestational diabetes, but I refuse to go through that again. Several hours later, I am still shaky and just want to go to bed. I better not have any drama at work today or I might start bawling again.

....vent complete.  Thank you for listening [tiny tears].

Amanda
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers