1st Trimester

Terrified

I have asthma that tends to be at its worst from August until November. I have my first Dr. appt on the 2nd of August and figured I could keep my asthma well controlled until then. Well this morning around 5 am I woke up and I was wheezing and it was so bad that I couldnt get back to sleep. I needed my corticosteroid inhaler but was terrified to take it because I know I shouldn't use it while pregnant. I called my ObGyn (who I haven't even met yet, appt is August 2nd) and start crying on the phone about how I don't know what to do. He said to take the inhaler and call my primary care later in the day and ask for a prescription for a safer inhaler. So I took the inhaler but now I am absolutely terrified that i've harmed the baby in some way. I know that it's more important that I'm able to breathe and get oxygen to the baby and that the chances of the inhaler affecting the baby are slim but i'm still in an absolute panic. My husband has no idea what to say to me and we're not telling any one that i'm pregnant yet so PLEASE fellow bumpies...help me be less terrified.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml