Single Parents

CS Questions

I'm a constant lurker on this board, been a little too scared to post. Long story short I am expecting my first LO in November. BD has said he doesn't want anything to do with LO - he's flipflopped multiple times over this issue, there's a chance he changes his mind again. Anyway, I have encouraged him to be involved and will not have a problem with him having visitation. But the one thing he's adament about is that he's "not paying CS" as he says. I've talked to a lawyer, a judge, and a worker for social services who say we'll be able to find him and he'll have to pay the CS regardless. Problem is he lives in another state and he's cut all contact with me so beyond knowing his last known address, his last known employer, I don't know really anything. Perhaps the only good thing in this is that his job is high profile - a dentist - and his name has to be public/also his place of work, so he can't hide under the radar.

Now, my question is, how often do BD get away with not paying CS? How is that possible, unless they don't have a job or are getting paid cash on the side? I've read so many stories where the BD/XH don't pay CS but continue seeing the kids? I wouldn't be that worried, but I'm in school and the CS would be helpful until I finish. Kind of long, sorry, but any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml