Babies on the Brain

My shock of the day.

Today I found out my cousin is pregnant. She just turned eighteen, just graduated high school, and just got engaged (to the baby's daddy on prom night). I am not surprised that she is pregnant, and I am not judging her. What shocked the sh!t out of me is that she is due in three weeks!

We live less than a mile down the road from each other. My youngest brother and her's hang out all the time. We have been over there countless times, and were never told. I noticed lots of weight gain, but since she isn't allowed to wear form fitting clothes, I couldn't tell that she is pregnant. She is due before I was before my miscarriage.

Apparently nobody in our family knows other than her parents. I'm guessing it was kept secret because she became pregnant out of wedlock (very devout Catholic family). She wasn't thrown a baby shower. My mother asked her today if she had maternity pictures taken, and she hasn't. Its very late for it, but my mother will be taking some and the newborn pictures as a gift to her. I just feel sad that she went through this hiding everything. Its not the most ideal circumstances, but her first pregnancy should still have been celebrated and enjoyed.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml