Pregnant after IF

My clueless parents...

I was on the phone w/my parents earlier today.  They live 4+ hrs away by plane, so I only see them 1-2x a year but we talk on the phone ~ once a week.

I told them that DH & I went to a baby store yesterday to check out the baby gear...  Since I'm not having a shower, I plan to buy most of the items on Amazon or 2nd hand via consignment stores or craigslist - BUT I need to go to a brick and mortar store to see/feel the actual items to make sure I really do like them.  Anyway, I guess a part of me was hoping that perhaps my parents might offer to buy us one big ticket item, but of course, I won't ask them directly.

The first response my parents had was that "Oh, you don't need much at all; and why don't you just buy 2nd hand stuff?"  So I told them that YES, we will try to do that BUT some things we want/need to buy new, such as car seat, crib, crib mattress etc.

Then my parents said, "Why would you need a car seat?  Your baby isn't going anywhere anytime soon!"  I had to explain to them that babies NEED a car seat if they are in a car, and hospitals won't release the newborn if there is no car seat.  My parents thought that it is OKAY to just hold the baby in your arms while riding in a car. 

I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml