Dads & Dads-to-be

How Life Will Change For The Golfer.....Post Baby Arrival.

So I am an avid golfer.  I have been golfing since the age of 14.  During my college years I would spend summers going out nearly 5 days a week.  I got pretty good actually, getting near scratch golf skills.  Of course, once I had to grow up, the frequency of going out went down a great deal.  Last summer I had my handicap at a 9.

I have only been out a handful of times this summer.  In Wisconsin we are lucky if we can get out in April, and if we are really lucky, like last year, we can stay out until early November.  I have only been able to golf once in my life on November 30, my birthday.

I thought it would be interesting to start a golf thread, and see where it leads to.  We just had the Women's US Open here at Blackwolf Run, and we have had two PGA Championships here recently at Whistling Straits.

I know golf is going to go way down low on the priority list for me once baby is here, and it is kind of bittersweet for me.  I am looking forward to when Jacob is old enough to join me on the course, but until than, the times that I get to go out will be few and far between for some years.

Best Course Played: Tie between Starr Pass (Tucson) and Whistling Straits (Wisconsin)

Best Score: 78 at Lawsonia-Woodlands.  A very, very difficult track.

Clubs in the bag: Ping irons and Taylor Made Drivers.  I also have a Tight Lies 7 wood that has saved me a lot of times.

Hole in Ones: 1 Alpine Valley 139 yards

Dream Golf Trip: Play all of the Kohler Courses in Wisconsin. Or spend a spring week on Hilton Head palying all the courses I can, finishing off with Harbor Town.

Does the wife golf: NO!!!  I am torn on this.  Part of me enjoys having it to myself, but another part of me wants her out there with me in those cute, sexy outfits that the ladies wear now on the courses.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker