Babies on the Brain

TTC Lifestyle changes

1st post alert :)

DH and I have been causally TTC for 2-3 months. After finding out I'm not KU I feel very strange. Half relived/half disappointed. I know 2 full cycles is not a very long time to be TTC but when something is on your brain 10 weeks- it really feels like a long time!

DH and I are in a good place to have children: I'm 28 he's 30, we have been together 4 years (only married 1 year), we have traveled (I can't imagine Paris being as romantic with a baby), we bought a house/yard/dog, in a decent place financially and we both feel like a child would be a positive change in our life.

BUT THEN!! This makes me feel so immature, but trying to be healthy while TTC is annoying. I am taking pre-natal vitamins, avoiding caffiene, alcohol and other PG no no's while we are TTC. I'm not a lush, but I like to drink socially and I feel like people notice and maybe suspect that we are TTC when I don't have a glass of wine out at dinner and then I find out I'm not PG and I feel like being "good" was a waste. I'm sure once I'm PG giving up little indulgences will be fine, but for now I feel like I'm missing the party for nothing. WOW- even writing this I think I'm going to crap over how special a baby is and it is worth all the sacrifices and I know that... but it's still hard esp when you aren't PG and there's no knowing how long it will take. 

Anyone else causally TTC but struggling mentally a little bit to make the major health pregnancy changes prior to getting PG?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml