North Carolina Babies
Options

Potty Training Regression

I need help!  DD#2 was fully potty trained, day and night, for 3 months before DS was born.  Although not surprised, DD#2 regressed when he was born.  At first it was just occassional accidents.  Then she'd throw temper tantrums when we'd try to get her to go potty.  So we put her in back in pull-ups to give her time to work it out and be ready to go on the potty again.  Well then she started throwing temper tantrums if we tried to change her pull up; she'd rather sit in a poopy pull-up than let us change her.  It has been very frustrating.  Last week we decided we should try getting rid of the pull-ups as an option and go back to underwear and just deal with the messes.  The first few days she was doing ok with peeing; not telling us she had to go, but going when we asked her to.  But 0 success with pooping.  Now she's back to throwing a fit if we ask her to use the bathroom (say before bedtime) and is having accidents all the time.  She's only pooped once in the potty which I thought would be the turning point for her going again but it hasn't been.

What should I do?  Should I keep her in underwear and just wait until she gets tired of peeing and pooping on herself?  Go back to pull-ups and deal with the fights when she doesn't want us to change her?  She starts preschool the last week in August and she has to be potty trained.  This is so much harder the 2nd time because she knows what she needs to do and how to hold it -- she's choosing not to use the potty!

HELP!!!  I'm so frustrated and out of ideas.  We've tried star chart, M&Ms, going to get ice cream, etc.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers