Babies on the Brain

I am at a loss about what to do. This is a friends tough situation.

This who situation makes me sick. 

Dh's friend is married and I get along well with his wife.  They have a 27month son and a 6 month son.

When he drinks he loses control and gets very mean.  When his wife was pregnant with the 6month old he hit her. He got drunk, and when she yelled at him for peeing the bed he hit her.   She stayed with him and said that was it.  If anything happened again she was done.  And he was doing good for a while.  

Saturday we went out to dinner as a group. She went home to get the kids from her dads and his friend and another friend and us went to my sister and brother and laws.

( I know my sis and bil don't like him,and I would not have invited him, but dh did.  They think he is a disrespectful jerk. And when I texted my sister to tell me we made it home that night she said he was banned from their house. )

Sunday morning I got a text from her asking if I was with her husband last night and what/how much he drank.  He had quite a few beers (at least a 12 pack), and was drunk when I left. Anyway he came home at 2, had peed his pants then peed the bed when she was feeding the baby. she yelled at him and he attacked her. Punching her, hitting her, she said she was seeing stars. 

She locked herself in the bathroom and he punched a hole in the wall.

She tried to call the police but he took her phone.

Until just recently I hadn't heard from her in over a day. I was really worried.  I haven't told dh, but I'm going to tonight because I don't think he's talked to this friend yet. I didn't tell him because I guess I'm still in shock myself.  

She is going to file a police report today, and she's just still shaken up and in shock.

I don't know how to respond. I've told her she can call me anytime of the day, I'll watch the boys anytime. Whatever she needs I'll do.   What else can I do? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml